Suncoast Half Marathon Race Information
Start staging and finish on the picturesque Main Street at Lakewood Ranch on Sunday morning, January 26th, 2014, 7:00 a.m. start. Finish line on Main Street will remain open until 10:30 a.m.
Expo/Packet Pick Up | Pace Teams | Directions & Parking | Course | Host Hotel
Packet Pick Up and Expo Registration Health & Fitness Expo will be Saturday, January 25th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Gold Coast Eagle Conference Center, 7051 Wireless Ct., Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, FL 34240
Directions: From I-75, exit 213, University Parkway, east toward Lakewood Ranch. Turn right (south-away from Main Street area) on Lakewood Ranch Blvd, left on Wireless Court. Click Here for google map directions
- Registration will be available at the expo - cash or check only
- All race packets must be picked up at the expo on Saturday
- NO race morning packet pick up or race morning registration
Pace Teams - To Help You Meet Your Race Goals
Pace groups are availble for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45 and 3:00 hours. Sign up at the expo and meet some of the pacers.
Host Hotel: : To book Firday, Saturday and/or Sunday at the special Suncoast Half Marathon rate of $112 per night (taxes not included), use this convenient link for on-line booking
Or, phone the Courtyard directly 941-360-2626 and mention the Suncoast Half Marathon.
Courtyard University Park is conveniently located near exit 213 off I-75 and 2.2 miles from the race.
Directions & Parking to Main Street at Lakewood Ranch : Easy access and less than 2 miles off I-75. Take exit 213, University Parkway, and head east toward Lakewood Ranch, FL
Lots of Parking - Click Thumbnail Below for Map with Preferred Routes
- Preferred Parking at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center: From I-75, exit eastbound on University Parkway 0.8 miles turn left on Town Center Pkwy, 0.3 mi. turn right on Health Pkwy. Medical Center parking is 0.2 mi. on right.
For Parking north of Main Street Lakewood Ranch (parking via Boardwalk Loop): From I-75, exit eastbound on University Parkway 0.5 miles, left on Market St, 0.1 miles, around the funky roundabout and straight onto Nature's Way. Continue 0.4 mi. on Nature's Way then across Lakewood Ranch Blvd at the signal into parking.
Course : USATF Certified Course, FL121003 EBM
13.1 beautiful miles through the communities of Lakewood Ranch. Click Here for Course Map
- Volunteers and monitors from Lakewood Ranch High School Key Club and Braden River High School Key Club will be onthe course to guide you as well as cones, flags and mile markers.
- 7 aid stations on the course, each with a port-o-let and serving water & lemon-lime Gatorade and crews from S2Timing & Suncoast Striders, Hancock Bank, Zoomers SW FL Running & Triathlon Club, ShamRockers,Braden River High School Key Club and the Storm Tri Club to serve you.
- Mile 7.5 aid station will feature Gu Energy Gel in vanilla, strawberry-banana and tri-berry flavors.
- Lakewood Ranch Blvd, Lorraine Road and Legacy Blvd south of The Masters Avenue, and, new improvement to the course this year, University Parkway will all have a lane coned for race participants. Hidden River Trail is closed to vehicles and all yours to enjoy; look and listen for the Luna Village Drummers. Law Enforcement Officers, course monitors, directional signs and caution signs will be posted on the roads within the communities for your safety but please use caution as you will be shariing the roads vehicles.
Join Us For a Scenic Finsih and Premiere Post-Race Celebration on Lakewood Ranch Main Street starting at 8:30 a.m.